Hi, I’m Charlotte! Welcome to my very first blog post ever. The idea of starting a blog has been in the back of my head for a while now but I’ve never been able to fully commit to it. So, now that I have more time on my hands, here we are. I’m using this to simply share some thoughts, things about my life, what I’ve been up to lately, and so on. Maybe at some point I’ll change direction to something more specific, but for now I think it’ll be fun to come up with ideas as I go along. Now that you’ve made it here, I think it would be good to share a few things about myself. Here we go:
- I currently live in Seattle, Washington and have lived here my entire life. And yes, it does rain as much as everyone says it does. But I actually love it.
- I’m 22 years old and just graduated from the University of Washington this past June. I got my degree in Communication but I still can’t say I’m that great of a writer/communicator. I try.
- I live with my boyfriend Cisco (who I have been with since I was 16 years old) and our dog Oliver. He turns 1 year old next month and I can’t wait!
- I’m a crazy dog mom and Oliver is like my real-life child (hence the statement above). You will be seeing plenty of him on here.
- I’ve been the manager at a café for over a year now, and I work for a photography product company doing social media/marketing. So I only actually leave the house to work 3x a week when I’m at the café. Unfortunately, one of those days is a Saturday.
- I LOVE baking and I used to bake at least twice a week when I still lived with my mom and brother. I don’t do it nearly as much anymore because Cisco isn’t much of a sweets guy and I end up being the only person to eat a whole batch of cupcakes all by myself lol. And I will do it.
- I am awful at cooking and I’m definitely not one of those people who can just “throw something together”
- Did you see that I only mentioned my mom and my brother above? I lost my dad to cancer when I was in high school and I think about him every. single. day. It’s hard but it’s also taught me to fully appreciate the people I have with me now. More on that to come!
- Food and body image is something that I have struggled with since I was a teenager. It’s something that I seem to fight every day, but also something that seems to get better every day too. It’s a process and I’m learning.
- I plan to discuss a broad range of topics on here. Anywhere from food to fashion to traveling. If you like those kinds of things, I hope you stick around!
Thanks for reading!